North Harris County Regional Water Authority has withdrawn implementation of Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan.
Stage 1 drought conditions have been lifted. Thank you for your cooperation during this time in helping us to conserve water.
Due to ongoing drought conditions, The North Harris County Regional Authority (NHCRWA) initiated Stage 1 water conservation measures. Because Cypress Forest PUD is located within the boundaries of the NHCRWA, we are required to initiate Stage 1 voluntary utility water conservation measures. The NHCRWA and Cypress Forest PUD may require mandatory water use restrictions if conditions worsen. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Now in Place
- District residents and other users of water within the District with even-numbered addresses will be asked to voluntarily limit use of water outdoors to Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- District residents and other users of water within the District with odd-numbered addresses will be asked to voluntarily limit use of water outdoors to Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Customers responsible for watering common areas such as esplanades and sports fields will be asked to voluntarily limit water use to Mondays and Fridays.
- Users will be asked to voluntarily abstain from outdoor water use between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
- Water Customers are requested to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.