Effective March 17, 2020 – COVID-19 Important Communication
WCA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS WITH SOME BACK OFFICE MODIFICATONS IN PLACE TO PROTECT OUR EMPLOYEES AND OUR CUSTOMERS.
WCA is closely following the recommendations of the CDC on social distance, travel bans, school closures, quarantines and event cancellations. As such, we’ve decided to modify our front office operations in order to protect employees and minimize the risk to spread COVID-19 to our customers.
WCA will take the following precautionary measures:
- Effective March 17, 2020 non-essential WCA employees will telecommute, or work from home to follow the CDC recommendation of social spacing
- Access to our offices will be restricted
- Payments will be accepted over the phone, online and by mail
- Regular trash, recycling, and disposal service will continue but you may see delays
- Limit person-to-person contact
- Essential operations will be at the office to monitor our hauling, landfills, and transfer stations duties for all of your waste needs.
Next steps for our customers:
- Monitor our Facebook and COVID-19 pages for updates
- Please, be kind to contain all waste within closed garbage bags
- Carry on with your landfill and transfer station needs on our site locations.
WCA will continue to serve your community as always. However, we want to make sure you are aware that our regular trash service will continue but you may see delays. We have developed business continuity plans that will remedy any foreseeable business challenges that may occur.
We appreciate the flexibility of our employees and the understanding of our customers during this unprecedented situation. We will provide updates as they come available, please check back to our website.