Due to ongoing drought conditions, The North Harris County Regional Authority (NHCRWA) initiated Stage 2 water conservation measures starting tomorrow 8-27-23. Because Cypress Forest PUD is located within the boundaries of the NHCRWA, we are required to initiate Stage 2 water conservation measures on the same date.
Water Use Restrictions Now in Place
- District residents and other users of water within the District with even-numbered addresses are to limit use of water outdoors to Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- District residents and other users of water within the District with odd-numbered addresses are to limit use of water outdoors to Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Customers responsible for watering common areas such as esplanades and sports fields are to limit water use to Mondays and Fridays.
- Users are to abstain from outdoor water use between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
- Water Customers are to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
- All outdoor water use, including, but not limited to, lawn and garden watering, car washing, and window washing, must be conducted with a hand-held hose with a manual on-off nozzle.
- The District shall recommend that the following public water uses by any of its Users not essential for public health and safety be curtailed:
- Street washing;
- Fire hydrant flushing; and
- Filling of swimming pools.
- The District’s operator will initiate weekly contact with wholesale water customers, if any, to discuss water supply and/or demand conditions and the possibility of pro rata curtailment of water supplies if drought conditions worsen.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.